Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Victim of Society

I found myself in distress
Stumblin and trippin over mess
Walk into a room and see all my friends
With pearly white smiles and each with a shoulder to lend
I reach my hand out to grab one but she's so stiff
Startled, I jump back, head falls off, 'cause she's plastic
If it was anything I learned, it's that love is just like magic
It feels so fantastic
But half the time It's nothing more than an illusion
I try not to get caught up in confusion
But im a fabulous payless wedge heel sandal
Surrounded by the same multi colored sneakers. Phonniess and scandal
There's no variety
these kens and barbies walk talk dress and act the same
Find myself a victim of society
Ignorance is to blame
They seem like they know just where they stand
But they jock others so much, nothing more than a stan
Express opinions so strong, and just when I'm feelin 'em
Realize they change into who ever they with, little chamillions
And I really wish they knew they didnt have to fake it with me
Because
Like a shark smells blood, I can smell insecurity
When they
Laugh off a remark trying to hide the way embarassment looks
Or they feel stupid being excluded from conversations so they pretend to be into their books
I know it all you really grow up when you realize
There's no one there to hold u in their arms and wipe your eyes

No comments: