Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ima Do Me

I look in the mirror, and can't help but realize
my reflection don't show who I really am. You can't even see it in my eyes
I heard it so many times; that eyes don't lie
but that just can't be true. Lemme tell you why
I'm in pain, even when you see me smile
and if I do laugh, it only lasts for a little while
Ain't a person on this planet that know how I really am
People complain they can't trust their friends. At least they got their fam.
My family robbed me of my innocence, and put me down
Criticize, talk about me, made me feel like a clown
Gossip about each other like the people at school
Compare me to my cousin, make me hate that fool
And it's messed up, coz even your "best friend"
Could turn around and betray you at any second
And for the people who think what you get is what you see
Plain and simple: it's not true. So stop trying to judge me
Only god can judge, but I see why they say the things they do
I look like a bad person from their point of view
Because they only know a bit of it, and half of that ain't even true/
so I hear the rumors, those stupid lies
Ignore the people grillinâ?? me. Let them criticize
I'm not gonna tell them all my business, just so I could be liked by everyone
And yeah, sometimes my blood boils, and I wish I had a gun
But I can't afford to mess up. I don't wanna lose
So I'm happy knowing I could choose
My choice is to stay out of trouble, and get out of this place until my engine burn out, Iâ??m stayinâ?? in the race
so if you don't love me, leave me alone. It costs you nothing to ignore me
I got bigger things to worry about, so I don't want any problems, B
Before I went crazy, my daddy hit me with this advice:
next time you spend time trying to look nice
looks ain't everything. You ain't gotta be cool
worry about you, be selfish when it comes to school
you wanna do well, so you could be the boss and make all the rules
All the haters that wanna hate, forget about them fools
So ima listen, and not try to be with the hottest crew
I decided ima do ME. And you could do YOU

No comments: