Friday, July 4, 2008

Gone

You looked
An awful lot like me
But I couldn't ask you
I could only
Hit you
The world became
Animated.
I was outside myself
Millions of blades beneath my skin threatened to knock me over
Not quite killing me, as, that was my job
And closing my eyes, coming into you
Did not help, but only elevated the feeling.
That is when I called upon someone
I did not believe in

But of course that wouldn't work
This was punishment for what I'd done
Though every pull was like candy
Every breath I drew in to make sure
It really got up to my brain
And when I held the Roach
Pulling in more for each deadly sin
Lust
Envy
Pride
Wrath
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth

You just watched
Because as inexperienced as i was
I insisted I could handle it

Through the doom I felt
I was dying
And my tongue
Not moving fast enough
I tried
High as I was
To Justify
Unjustifiable things
Because that's what you do

You Stuck with me
Till the doom drifted off
Till it started feeling good
And yeah
I'd do it again

No comments: