Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This is Me

I be the girl with the cocky model - like swagger
Look through the corner of my eyes you mistake it for a dagger
Won't let you in my biz, you confuse it with deceit
Bow legged stance, confidence you mix with conceit
Chandeliers hanging from my ears in addition to the things I've listed
You don't know me, don't judge me, and don't get it twisted

It seems that nowadays
the sidewalks are my runways
People here to criticize
Never caring what's behind my eyes
They only know what they heard
And spread the word, those little birds
What they say makes me look bad
It used to make me so sad
But that was then, though
And now I'm lovin it, so

If the streets is the catwalk so ya'll can stare and judge me
Then I'll strut my stuff gracefully
I'm a drama queen, good or bad, I simply love attention
And just like they say, My name is the one they like to mention

No comments: